Simple Cream Soup
- 30 mL margarine
- 30 mL flour
- 200 mL milk
- 1 mL onion powder
- 1 mL salt
- f.g pepper
- 450 water
- 10 mL chicken or vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 med. potato, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Prepare you vegetables. Make broth by mixing water and bouillon powder. Max heat.
Bring vegetables , bay leaf and broth to a boil (high heat) in a pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
Prepare white sauce:
a. melt margarine in the top of a double boiler
b. add flour and stir to make a roux
c. add milk slowly, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
d. add seasonings and cook approximately for 5 minutes more, stirring constantly.
Add white sauce to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove bay leaf and serve.
You'll also love
- Mr. Woods Microwave Fudge 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Homemade Dressing 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Hot n' Chunky Slow Cooker Chili 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Elisabeth's Southwest Chicken Soup 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sour Cream/Cottage Cheese Noodle... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Chocolate Fudge 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad 3.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.