Elisabeth's Southwest Chicken Soup
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cans of black beans
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Chicken stock
- Black pepper
- 1/2 bunch choppers cilantro
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place chicken in crock pot with 1 can of rotel tomatoes, 1 can of black beans, 1/2 of the cilantro, chicken bouillon cubes, and black pepper.let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Use two forks to shred chicken, then squeeze the lime in crock pot, add second can of rotel and black beans, corn, 8-10 oz of chicken stock, and cream cheese.
Cook for another hour.
Add sour cream, rest of cilantro, and enjoy.
*May serve with crushed tortilla chips or whole size chips for dipping.
You'll also love
- South of the Border Chicken Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Chicken Sauce 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Cacciatore 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Chili 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Spinach with Corn Soup 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Ranch Style Beans 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Southwestern Spiced Broccoli and... 3.4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.