Here are 10 mouthwatering things you can make with a can of kidney beans
This is cupboard cooking at its finest! You won't believe that these 10 mouthwatering recipes all start with a can of kidney beans!
Minestrone is a traditional Italian soup with vegetables and pasta or rice. In a pot, heat some oil and then add 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 chopped celery stalk. Start to cook them, and when they become translucent, add 1 cup of cubed potatoes, 5 sliced carrots and cook for 10 minutes. Add a few strips of bacon or pancetta, 1 can of drained kidney beans and cover with water. Cook for 10 more minutes, then add 2 diced zucchinis and 1/2 cup of small pasta (like mini shells for example). Season and let cook for another 10 minutes, then serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!