- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cheese whiz spread
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Beat together with beater eggs, oil and salt until fluffy
add the 3 cups of warm mashed potatoes
kneed for 5 min
leave dough covered for about 1 hour (use this time to make filling)
mix mashed potatoes, cheeses and onion well in a bowl
roll dough onto floured surface and cut perigee circles
stuff with potato mixture & pinch edges shut
once stuffed freeze on cookie sheets until hard.
Boil for about 4-6 minutes
serve with melted butter & sour cream
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!