Sweet and savory rolled recipes that will fancy up any occasion
Rolling foods is the easiest way to improve their presentation. So go on and get carried away with these 13 sweet and savory rolled recipes!
Mini apple flower tartlets
Sliced apples are so yesterday. Here is a gorgeous new way to present this crunchy fruit for dessert. Cut the apples into very thin slices, using a mandoline slicer. Place them on a puff pastry sheet coated in brown sugar, almond meal and cinnamon, then cut into strips. Roll up, and bake! The best part: no cake pan necessary.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.