Chocolate and Raspberry Puff Pastries
Perfect for Valentine's Day!
- 2 Sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 10 pieces (approx) quality milk or dark chocolate (I used my boyfriends favorite Whittakers Milk Chocolate)
- 10 Raspberries (Fresh or thawed, I used frozen and thawed them in about 1 tsp sugar)
- 25 g butter, melted with 1 tsp vanilla bean mixed in
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 200°C. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, cut out hearts (or whatever shapes you want) using a cookie cutter.
Place a piece of chocolate and a raspberry on top of half of the pastry shapes.
Brush the edges of the filled pastry with the butter mixture, place the another piece of pastry onto and seal the edges with a fork. You may need to squish the berry a bit.
Brush the tops of the pastries with the melted butter and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the pastries are puffed up and golden.
Serve warm, fresh from the oven
You'll also love
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 4/5 (93 Votes)
- Heart Cupcakes 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Homemade Whip cream 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Pie 2.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffles 2.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie 2.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Frozen Fruit Drink 1.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Savories- Bisto gravy pies 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!