Puff Pastry and Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Brie cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 400.
Place cheese in center of pastry sheet. Fold pastry to cover. Press to seal.
Beat egg. Brush pastry seam and place it down onto baking sheet.
Bake 25 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!