Cherry and Currant Pastries
- 8 oz puff pastry
- An egg for gilding
- 10 oz cherry burlat
- 7 oz currants
- 1/4 c sugar
- Mint leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash, dry, stalk currants, soak in sugar.
Roll out the puff pastry to a height of 3.5 cm, cut with a fluted pastry cutter n10.
Brown circles with the egg, put them on a baking sheet, bake in hot oven 400 degrees, remove from the oven, put on hold.
Wash cherries, stem, and pit.
Cut the puff pastry for a base and a lid, place the halved pastry on each plate and garnish with currants, cherries, then cover with the other pastry half, and decorate with mint.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!