Caramel Apple Dumpling
Impress your guests with this show stopper elegant, easy make ahead dessert. This flaky golden crusted dessert will fill your home with the scents of fall. Inside wholesome apples are dripping with gooeey caramel sauce and scented with pumpkin pie spices.
- 1 pkg. 454g defrosted puff pastry
- 4 cored apples (Mac, Gala, Golden)
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbsp. store bought caramel sauce + extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp. milk
- flour for dusting
- course sugar for decorative purposes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roll the puff pastry between two sheets of wax paper, lightly dusted with flour to an approx. size of 8"x 12". Peel back the paper every few rolls and flip the dough peeling the other side. *This will keep the dough cold and speed the rolling process* Cut into 4 equal squares. Refrigerate until needed.
Using an apple cutter, cut apple and remove core.
* I like peel on for more fiber*
Add 1 tsp of spice to each piece of puff pastry.
Place apple on the center of the dough.
Add 1 tbsp. of caramel sauce to the center of the apple.
Wrap the dough lifting each corner up.
Shape dough around the apple. Twisting extra dough around the top.
Wrap with extra wax paper.
Freeze until for 1 hr or up to 1 week ahead.
Pop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush with milk and sprinkle top with coarse sugar.
Bake for 35-45 min in a preheated 400F oven or until golden brown.
Drizzle with extra caramel sauce or serve with icecream
Can be made ahead
You'll also love
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Apple & Prosciutto Delite 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.2/5 (106 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 3.9/5 (109 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.8/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe