White Chocolate Pound Cake
This recipe is for anyone who wishes to go off their diet for a legitimate reason. :-) Worth every last, delicious, buttery bite!
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 and 1/4 cups of salted butter, divided
- 1 and 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a saucepan, combine evaporated milk and 4 ounces of white chocolate. Heat on low heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup of butter with the granulated white sugar. Gradually add eggs one at a time and beat this mixture very well.
In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add it bit by bit to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk/chocolate mixture. Continue beating just until combined. Pour batter into a well greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan. Bake at 325F for one hour. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
In a saucepan, melt the remaining 3 ounces of white chocolate with 1/4 cup butter over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and add 2 cups of icing sugar, the vanilla and the milk to make a glaze. Drizzle over cake.
You can make this more festive in appearance by crushing some red & green candycanes and sprinkling those on top of the glaze before it sets. :-)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!