recipes with currants - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
Top rated Currants recipes
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup each walnuts, currants, coconut
RECIPE: Stuffed Chicken with Spinach, Currants and Apple GravyYUM!Food Porn
By Savoryexperiments, Savory Experiments
Sounds about right ;)
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained **see note below
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cut into 1/8 inch slices and soaked in cold water with 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
Cherry and Currant Pastries
Wash, dry, stalk currants, soak in sugar
- 8 oz puff pastry
- An egg for gilding
- 10 oz cherry burlat
- 7 oz currants
- 1/4 c sugar
- Mint leaves