CHOCOLATE PUDDING - Microwave Method
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
In a 4 cup pyrex measuring jug (or other suitable microwaveable container) mix the cocoa, sugar, cornstarch & salt.
Gradually stir in the milk a little at a time making sure there are no lumps.
Microwave on high for 6 - 8 minutes until thickened. Remove the mixture every 2 minutes and stir thoroughly before putting back in the microwave. Be careful as the mixture will become very hot.
Add the butter and vanilla & stir until smooth and well mixed.
Pour into serving dishes, let cool and then refrigerate.
If you don't want your pudding to get a "skin" on the top, you can cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap, parchment paper, wax paper etc.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (405 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.6/5 (221 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (65 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!