CHOCOLATE PUDDING (stovetop method)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together first 4 ingredients in the top of a large double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, find two heat safe pans that you can use on the stovetop.
Gradually add all of the milk.
Pour water in the bottom of the double boiler (or nesting heat-safe pans) and cook until mixture thickens. As the mixture gets hot, keep stirring to prevent sticking. This process will take approximately 20 mins.
Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. The mixture will thicken slightly as it cools.
Pour into individual dessert dishes.
Add your favourite topping such as fresh fruit or whipped cream or both.
If you like a thicker pudding, add more cornstarch. Adjust the sugar according to your taste if you like it sweeter.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1449 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1143 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (948 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.3/5 (380 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (216 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.1/5 (132 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (65 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!