Creamy Turkey or Chicken Enchiladas
- About 4 cups chopped meat from turkey or chicken ( I use leftover from roasted ones )
- 1- small can diced green chilies
- 1- med. onion chopped
- 1 package 10 count or more flour tortillas burrito size
- 1- 28oz. can green sauce
- 1 can chopped olives (optional)
- 16 oz. sour cream (get 2 if you like it on the top when you serve)
- 16 oz. package shredded cheese (or more if you like it really cheesy)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
sauté chopped meat onions and chilies in skillet until onions are cooked.
Garlic powder Salt and Pepper to taste
In large bowl mix green sauce and sour cream till smooth.
Ladle some sauce into bottom of casserole pan to coat.
Patch work tortillas in bottom of pan. (I use three per layer two in center and tear the third and fit it into the corners and on each side)
Next add turkey/chicken even over tortillas
add cheese and olives
drizzle 1 ladle of sauce
repeat with tortillas and so on until pan is full, ending with a layer of tortillas.
Use knife and poke through all layers of casserole. Use rest of the sauce and cover with cheese and some olives.
Cook uncovered in preheated 350 oven for about 45 – 50 min. or until bubbly and cheese is a little brown
Use leftover turkey from thanksgiving or any leftover turkey or chicken.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.