Chicken n Mushrooms w/gravy
This is an easy recipe that my mom & I make without a recipe. Its that easy. We just create! If you love Chicken in Gravy and Portabella Mushrooms...you will just love this recipe. Complements any side dish really. My favorite is Seasoned Italian Greens beans in a can and Rice in chicken broth.
- 6 Frozen Chicken Tenders (any brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp Chicken base " Better than Bouillon" jar
- 3/4 c of water
- 1 package of Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- Cut & sliced
- Virgin Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place frozen chicken tenders in a large frying pan. Sprinkle Olive oil over chicken and fry up on low heat. Then after they are browned on both sides put the chicken stock in the pain with water. Cover and let simmer on low heat.
Cut up the mushrooms and place in broth you created in frying pan along with the chicken. Cover up again, simmer for 10-15 minutes or till chicken is tender. Ha, no pun intend on that one! You have just created a gravy making your own broth.
Simmering is the key here. The Better than Bouillon Base is the best ingredient I ever found to making stock. Can be found in a jar and placed in the refrigerator after usage.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.