Winning 3-Alarm Bean Chili
- 1-2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 4 onions chopped
- 6 large crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon and dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 tsp each of salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 28-oz (796-mL) can diced tomatoes
- 7 1/2-oz (213-mL) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef or chicken bouillon or a 10-oz (284-mL) can beef or chicken broth plus
- 3/4 cup water or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 peppers (preferably red and green and yellow)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander or parsley (optional)
- 2 (19-oz/540-mL) cans red kidney beans drained
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in a large wide saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and seasonings. Stir frequently until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer to develop flavors, at least 30 minutes. Stir often.
Then, coarsely chop peppers and coriander and stir in along with beans. Add salt, if you wish. Cook, uncovered, until peppers are as you like, about 10 more minutes. Chili can be refrigerated up to 3 days or
Nutritional information: 231 calories, 14g protein, 2g fat, 44g carbs, 15g fiber
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Jenna's nachos 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Meat Curry 4.7/5 (91 Votes)
- Veggie Packed Chili Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Grandpa's Chili 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gourmet Sirloin Chili Recipe 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken And Spinach Stuffed Shells 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.