Gourmet Sirloin Chili Recipe
The Gourmandize Team
Gourmet Sirloin Chili Recipe. Discover our recipe.
Rate this recipe 4/5 (34 Votes)
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 lbs top sirloin cut in bite sizes
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 5 garlic cloves diced
- 2 bunches scallion (include tops) chopped
- 2 medium brown onions chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 3 TBS salt
- 2 TBS pepper
- 1 1/4 tbs cumin
- 1 TBS tabasco
- 3 TBS chili powder
- 2 28oz cans kidney beans with juice
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Simmer covered 1 hour
Uncover 1/2 hour
You'll also love
- Chicken salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Grumpy's pie 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Pishtou 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dad's Homemade Chili Con Carne 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe