Quick and Easy Cowboy Casserole
A good "go to" recipe for those nights when you are pressed for time and you have house full of hungry kiddos.
- 2 cans (15 oz) whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cans (15 oz) Ranch Style beans
- 1 can (15 oz) potatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 12 cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg (for the cornbread)
- 1/3 cup milk (for the cornbread)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat. Set aside.
Prepare the cornbread mix as directed on the box. Set aside
Combine the corn, beans, potatoes, cheese, and ground beef together in a 13X9 in pan. Spread evenly in the pan.
Spoon the cornbread mix over the mixture in the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread is done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.