Spiced Beef cheeks with Carrots and Raisins
By Beatrice Friedmann , blog "Cardomome"
- 4 medium onions
- 3 large carrots
- 2 1/4 lbs of beef cheek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a big piece ginger
- a handful of cilantro
- A handful of raisins
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chicken stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Saute chopped onion in olive oil and set aside. Cook sliced carrots, salt and set aside.
Saute the beef cheeks cut into large cubes, salt and reserve. During this time, mince the garlic and ginger. Chop cilantro and reserve.
Put the raisins in a little water and cook three minutes in the microwave.
Put the onions, carrots, and meat into a pot and add the ras el hanout, cumin, turmeric, cloves, crushed black pepper, chicken stock, sprinkle with thyme, garlic and ginger, raisins and add water to cover.
Cook gently for two hours or in a pressure cooker for 1 h ¼ (check).
Sprinkle with cilantro (or parsley) before serving with rice or boiled potatoes.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (353 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (236 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (236 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (202 Votes)
- Chicken Cabbage Soy Noodles 3.2/5 (153 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.