Basil ALWAYS dies? Here's what you're doing wrong
Every time we buy it, in one way or another, the plant always dies too soon. Here's what to do to prolong the life of your basil plant:
Every cook knows that basil’s one of the most trusted herbs, capable of turning a normal dish into a delicacy!
And if you have to choose, always opt for fresh basil over dried. It's far tastier, like another herb entirely.
Basil is not only good, nutritious and tasty, it’s also a generous plant that regenerates constantly, as long as it’s properly cared for.
Here are 5 RULES FOR KEEPING YOUR BASIL PLANT HEALTHY:
1. Water Properly
Keep the soil moist, not drenched.
Water slightly every morning so water has the time to absorb and then evaporate during the day.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!