Caprese Style Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a healthy, protein rich, low glycemic grain that can be prepared as you would any rice dish.
This caprese style quinoa salad is a great side dish with any protein you can serve all year round.
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 TBLS. grapeseed oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup quinoa - cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 TBLS. chopped parsley
- 1 TBLS. chopped basil
- 1 small mozzarella cut in cubes
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes cut in half
- Drizzle of olive oil & Balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Add the oil to a 3 quart saucepan and heat on medium then add the garlic and saute just until soft - approximately 3-5 minutes.
Try not to let it brown.
Toss in the cup of cooked quinoa and quickly stir to blend the garlic - THEN add the vegetable broth.
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
When quinoa is cooked transfer it to a medium sized bowl and let it cool down and then place in the refrigerator.
Cut up the mozzarella and tomatoes and add it to the chilled quinoa and stir well to mix.
Add in the chopped parsley and basil, then drizzle (approx. 3-4 TBLS.) olive oil and the Balsamic vinegar on top and stir. Taste to see if you would like to add more oil or vinegar and then add salt and pepper according to taste.
Chill until ready to serve.
Cook time for the quinoa is less than 15 minutes so you can save time by cooking the quinoa in advance - while you are having your morning coffee or make it the night before while you are cleaning up the dinner dishes.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Green Gram Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Salad 3.3/5 (102 Votes)
- Tofu Yassa 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Classic Basil Pesto 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!