Great for summer picnics. It keeps in the fridge for a long time too!
- 3 lb carrots
- 1 cup oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
Peel and slice carrots and partially cook.
Dice green pepper and onion and mix with drained carrots.
Mix the remaining ingredients all together and pour over vegetables.
Let stand in fridge for 2 days before using. Will keep for 3 weeks.
Can add other favourite vegetables, like mushrooms is one I also use sometimes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (194 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (209 Votes)
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Nana's Mac & Cheese 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad 4.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Mozzarella Bacon Broccoli Salad 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.