Indian Carrot Salad
Rate this recipe 3/5 (288 Votes)
- 3 carrots
- 2 small onions
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1.5 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- juice of half a lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and grate the carrots. Chop the cilantro. Peel and slice the onions. Put in a bowl.
Heat skillet over medium heat, add the seeds and toast until golden brown and fragrant. Add to bowl.
Dry toast the coconut in the same way, to brown and until fragrant. Warning, it will happen fast! Add to bowl.
Season with salt, drizzle with lemon and toss. Cool and serve.
Serve with a rosé! Bon appetit!
You'll also love
- Manchurian Gobi 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cilantro Salad Dressing 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- VEGETABLE SAMOSAS 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- My Potato Salad 2.6/5 (19 Votes)
- WATERMELON GAZPACHO 2.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Marinated Seared Tuna 3/5 (307 Votes)
- Chicken Manchurian dry 2.6/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe