Indian Carrot Salad
- 3 carrots
- 2 small onions
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1.5 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- juice of half a lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and grate the carrots. Chop the cilantro. Peel and slice the onions. Put in a bowl.
Heat skillet over medium heat, add the seeds and toast until golden brown and fragrant. Add to bowl.
Dry toast the coconut in the same way, to brown and until fragrant. Warning, it will happen fast! Add to bowl.
Season with salt, drizzle with lemon and toss. Cool and serve.
Serve with a rosé! Bon appetit!
You'll also love
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (80 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.2/5 (235 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Salad 3.9/5 (107 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Salad 3.5/5 (179 Votes)
- Tunisian Octopus Salad 2.9/5 (204 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cream of Autumn Soup 3.2/5 (208 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!