- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 -3 onions
- 6-8 green cardamoms
- 1/4 piece nutmeg
- 6-8 cloves
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp leveled salt
- 1 tsp kewra water
- 1/2 cup oil
- julienne ginger for garnishing
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut onions into thin slices. Heat oil and fry the sliced onions until golden brown. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and place on paper-lined plate. Let it cool. Grind the fried onions, green cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Mix it with yoghurt and keep it aside.
In the same oil fry ginger & garlic paste, add chicken and fry until all water dries up. Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/4 cup water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Add the yoghurt mixture into the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
When oil starts to float on top add kewra water. Garnish with julienne ginger.
Serve with sheermal or taftan.
You'll also love
- Mom's Spinach Salad 2.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Memaw's Spam,String beans &... 3.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Ramen Noodle Pasta 2.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Mom's aloo tikian with chole... 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Salad 3/5 (20 Votes)
- Ghaoulay (desi pancakes) 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Kesari 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.