Ghaoulay (desi pancakes)
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 tbsp flour
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- a pinch of yellow color
- a pinch of saffron
- 1/2 tsp green cardamon powder
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the above ingredients.
Heat oil in the fry pan.
Pour or scoop about 1/4 cup of the mixture in the pan. Spread it until it covers the whole pan.
Fry until golden brown and is firm on the edges.
Either flip the pancake or roll it with the help of the spatula.
Continue with the remaining oil and batter.
Serve with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Goat Milk Yogurt Cake with... 3.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Waffles 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Choco Flan 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Knorr Garlic Spinach Dip 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- stri-fry vegtable 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pancake Blackberry Cobbler 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Spicy bittergourd 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe