Lemon delight: How to make white chocolate lemon bars with zing
A step-by-step recipe to make bars that provide a refreshing burst of lemon flavor. They're perfect with tea or as a post-dinner indulgence.
Lemon bars are a tried-and-true dessert classic. This version incorporates a shortbread crust to provide a crumbly contrast to the soft lemon curd.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas