Christmas Treat: Easy Cookie Truffles
16oz package of chocolate sandwich cookies (eg: Oreos), divided
- 16 oz Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (e.g. Oreos), divided
- 8 oz soft Cream Cheese
- 16oz Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted *
- You Need:
- Food Processor
- Waxed Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Dipping Utensils - forks, toothpicks, fondue forks, etc.
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Put 9 cookies in food processor and chop to fine crumbs; put them aside.
Put remaining cookies in food processor and chop to fine crumbs; put them in a bowl. Add cream cheese and stir until mixed evenly. Roll the mix into 1" balls (approx. 40-42).
Cover baking sheet with waxed paper. Using dipping forks, fondue forks or whatever utensil works for you, dip balls in chocolate and place them on baking sheet. If you have a small hole in the ball from the utensil, use your finger to dab a tiny bit of chocolate on it. With chocolate still wet, sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over top. Put them in the fridge for about an hour. Store them in fridge.
* To melt chocolate, make sure you use a double boiler - a pot with 3" of water in it simmering gently, with another smaller pot or heat safe bowl on top. Chocolate can burn easily - this way the steam from the bottom pot will melt the chocolate safely.
Change it up: Instead of having the leftover crumbs sprinkled on the balls, try using chocolate sprinkles!
You'll also love
- Christmas-Style Turkey Chili 5/5 (2 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- Cindy's Crunchy Walnut Pie 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Light and airy Frosting 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian Cookies 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Taterbutter Cookies 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon and Cream cheese... 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- fudge 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.