Christmas-Style Turkey Chili
Rich and meaty chili, but made with turkey...served Christmas style with both red and green sauces together....perfect and fun for the holidays !
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded & finely chopped)
- 3 cups chopped red onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped seeded poblano peppers
- 1 C chopped
- stemmed red cherry peppers
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 C apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 T hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 C Crushed tomatoes
- 2(14.5-ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Stir 2 T of the tomato paste into ground turkey. Add meat to pot and cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
2. Add jalapeños, onion, poblano, cherry peppers and garlic; sauté 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Add cider and scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until half of liquid evaporates.
4. Add chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add hot sauce and crushed tomatoes.
5. Pulse fire-roasted tomatoes and cilantro in food processor until finely chopped. Stir pulsed tomatoes and remaining tomato paste into pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Serve plan or with favorite toppings like a dollop of sour cream or a little cheese.
You'll also love
- Broccoli, Chicken and rice... 4.6/5 (209 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Christmas Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Chocolate Covered... 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Baby's First Christmas Dinner 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Christmas Dinner 2.8/5 (15 Votes)