Our best Christmas food recipes - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Christmas food recipes
Merry Christmas Punch
By Olga Klesch
Warm up with this delicious, festive punch!
- 700 ml Medium dry white wine (1 1/4 pints)
- 2 Tablespoon Cherry liqueur
- 2 Tablespoon Gin
- 2 Tablespoon Caster sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Blade mace (or 1/4 tsp ground mace)
- Cocktail cherries and lemon slices (optional)
Waiter - There's a fly in my Champagne!
Did you miss yesterday's holiday season funny story? Read it here!
Christmas-Style Turkey Chili
Rich and meaty chili, but made with turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste, divided
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded & finely chopped)
- 3 cups chopped red onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped seeded poblano peppers
- 1 C chopped, stemmed red cherry peppers
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 C apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 T hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 C Crushed tomatoes
- 2(14.5-ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Three Wise Women
Did you miss YESTERDAY's joke? Read it here!
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
By happyfoodstube, Happy Foods Tube
Homemade gingerbread hot chocolate is the perfect Christmas drink! This gingerbread spice infused hot chocolate war
- 2 cups Water
- 1½ Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Whole Allspice Berries
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 5 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Fresh Ginger (1.5inch long)
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Gingerbread Syrup , optional to your taste
- 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice Mix , optional – for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp Superfine Sugar
Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
By happyfoodstube, Happy Foods Tube
This homemade gingerbread spice mix is perfect for pancakes, muffins, quick breads or cookies
- 2 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
One Beautiful December Evening...
Did you miss yesterday's joke? Read it here!
Smoked salmon and spinach quiche
- 1 9-inch Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond milk
- 0.5 lb Smoked Salmon, chopped
- 9 oz Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained completely
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- Salt and black pepper to taste
STRUFFOLI / HONEY DOUGH BALLS
A very traditional Italian holiday and/or special occasion treat, always made at Christmas time, these little, ball...
- 6 eggs (regular size)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- flour, for dusting
- 1 quart canola oil (for frying)
- 1 (1 lb) jar honey (clover or orange blossom)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 4 oz. slivered almonds, toasted
- Tiny round, colored sprinkles for decorating
- Chocolate chips or mini chocolate Chips
Cutout Christmas Cookies
In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 3 T orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Triple Peppermint Bars
These bars were a staple at my work for Christmas 2013
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 8 ounces chocolate (dark, semisweet or milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes