Merry Christmas Punch
By Olga Klesch
Perfect for a pre-dinner warming drink on Christmas Day.
Warm up with this delicious, festive punch!
- 700 ml Medium dry white wine (1 1/4 pints)
- 2 Tablespoon Cherry liqueur
- 2 Tablespoon Gin
- 2 Tablespoon Caster sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Blade mace (or 1/4 tsp ground mace)
- Cocktail cherries and lemon slices (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place the wine, liqueur, gin and sugar in a saucepan. Crush the mace blades and add them, or the ground mace to the pan.
Heat the mixture to just below boiling point for 5-10 minutes. If mace blades are used, strain the liquid through a fine sieve, discarding the mace.
Serve the punch hot in warmed glasses with cocktail cherries and lemon slices.