Our best make ahead christmas appetizers recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Make ahead christmas appetizers recipes
Christmas-Style Turkey Chili
Rich and meaty chili, but made with turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded & finely chopped)
- 3 cups chopped red onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped seeded poblano peppers
- 1 C chopped
- stemmed red cherry peppers
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 C apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 T hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 C Crushed tomatoes
- 2(14.5-ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
STRUFFOLI / HONEY DOUGH BALLS
A very traditional Italian holiday and/or special occasion treat, always made at Christmas time, these little, ball...
- 6 eggs (regular size)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- for dusting
- 1 quart canola oil (for frying)
- 1 (1 lb) jar honey (clover or orange blossom)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 4 oz. slivered almonds
- Tiny round
- colored sprinkles for decorating
- Chocolate chips or mini chocolate Chips