House Special; Beignets
Princess and the Frog based, yummy donut like pastry that melts in your mouth.
House Special; Beignets. Discover our recipe.
- 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast
- 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 cup hot water (about 115°)
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour
- Frying oil
- Powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
Combine 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope of active dry yeast, 1 2 cup warm water (105° to 115°), and 1 tsp. granulated sugar in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup evaporated milk, 2 large eggs (slightly beaten), 1 tsp. of salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Microwave 1 cup water until hot (about 115°); stir in 1/4 cup of shortening until melted. Add to yeast mixture. Beat at low speed, gradually adding 4 cups flour, until smooth.
Gradually add 2 1 2 to 3 cups more flour, beating until a sticky dough forms.
Transfer to a lightly greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; roll to 1 4-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1 2-inch squares.
Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
Fry dough, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dry on a wire rack.
Drizzle with honey. Dust immediately with powdered sugar.
Let cool slightly, serve at warm temp.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (412 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 2.9/5 (281 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (217 Votes)
- Smores pie 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- fried pork chops 3.1/5 (265 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (221 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (142 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.