Puerto Rican Domplines
Fried Puerto Rican Dumplings
Domplines: Puerto Rican Fried Dough. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a large pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients together. When mixed, slowly add luke-warm water and keep mixing.
Once the mixture turns into a dough, cover it with a tea towel and let sit in a warm place for half an hour.
When the dough is ready, divide and roll into small balls. Fry until golden and dust with crystal sugar.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 4/5 (173 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (141 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (279 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Empanadas 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.