Puerto Rican Domplines
Fried Puerto Rican Dumplings
Domplines: Puerto Rican Fried Dough. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a large pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients together. When mixed, slowly add luke-warm water and keep mixing.
Once the mixture turns into a dough, cover it with a tea towel and let sit in a warm place for half an hour.
When the dough is ready, divide and roll into small balls. Fry until golden and dust with crystal sugar.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas