any cookie undercooked can be rolled into a ball and dipped into chocolate to serve as a truffle treat.
- 1 package cookies undercooked by 2 minutes.
- 1 bag Hershey's baking chips or Wilton's cocoa chips
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mini cupcake liners
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Bake the cookies as directed but less about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and use spatula to remove cookies one at a time and roll into a ball while still pliable and warm. If using chocolate chip cookies be careful when rolling into a ball, the hot chocolate can burn. They will be very messy. Gloves may be needed.
Chill the balls while melting the chocolate for dipping. Microwave the chocolate and oil per microwave instruction or chocolate manufacturer instructions. Add more oil if mixture is too thick but not too much so it will not harden at room temperature.
Dip chilled balls and place on wax paper. Once shell is hard place in mini cupcake liner and serve.
You can drizzle a contrasting chocolate from piping bag for a dramtic presentation. A wire egg holder works great to dip the balls of cookie into melted chocolate.
You'll also love
- Callie Ann Craft's Salsa 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- PUMPKIN TARTS 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Pudding Pie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Flourless Quick Peanut Butter... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oreo Balls 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cake Cookies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fruit Dip 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Deviled Egg Salad 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe