- 180 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 100 g Sugar
- 120 g AP
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 3 g Baking Soda
- 3 g Salt
- 14 oz Condensed Milk
- 2.5 C Evaporated Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt chocolate and butter in bain marie
Sift dry together
Whip eggs and sugar
Fold dry into egg mix
Add chocolate and butter to mix
Mix all ingredients with immersion blender
Spray mold and put in cajeta (dulce de leche)
Pour chocolate mix into mold
Pour flan on top slowly with spoon
Bake 350 in water bath
Ready when toothpick comes clean
You'll also love
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (122 Votes)
- Garlic Flan in Parsley Emulsion 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Flan 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Upside Down Pineapple Cake 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Blackberries on Champagne 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Omelettes, bacon and fried potatoes 2.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy bittergourd 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.