Goat Milk Yogurt Cake with cardamom and coconut butter
Marvellous texture. This cake is thick, smooth and has some moisture to it that makes it particularly pleasant to taste.
- 200g raw cane sugar
- 80 g oat flour
- 160 g spelt flour
- 1 coffee sp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g coconut butter
- 50 g olive oil
- 8 cardamom pods
- ½ vanilla pod
- cut in two and scratched
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Heat oven at 180°C.
Beat sugar together with eggs, vanilla and cardamom until the batter becomes fluffy and whitish.
Add flour, baking powder, salt, and yogurt and whisk well.
Add in the coconut butter and whisk.
Grease the mould with olive oil a sprinkle it with flour.
Pour the dough into the mould.
Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, let cool and
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1439 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1127 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (933 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.6/5 (334 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (329 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (217 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (181 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!