Cake Batter & Sprinkle Bark
. It’s so fun, simple, quick, and rewarding, which is why I fear I’m hooked.
- 6 ounces (180 grams) high quality dark or extra dark chocolate
- 12 ounces (360 grams) high quality white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) white cake mix
- sprinkles of choice (jimmies
- Wilton gold edible star sprinkles
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Chop chocolate. Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler. If using microwave, place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe container (I use a Pyrex glass measuring cup), and heat for 20 second intervals, stirring each time with a silicone spatula. Be careful not to burn the chocolate--when there are just a few small bits left un-melted, you can simply continue to stir until it is completely smooth.
Pour melted dark chocolate onto your parchment/mat and spread (with a small offset spatula for ease) until desired thickness is achieved. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
Melt your white chocolate. Whisk in cake mix slowly, stirring well until smooth. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes (or at least until it slightly thickens).
Remove pan with set chocolate from the freezer and pour white chocolate on top, repeating the same spreading technique as you did with the dark chocolate. Toss sprinkles on right away. Freeze for 20 more minutes.
Once set, break or cut into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Quick Energy Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Streusel 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Quick Whipped Topping Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Martini 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Cereal Bars 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter... 3.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!