Sesame Jaggery Nut Sweets - (Til Gud Mewa Ladoo)
10mins easy and scrumptious recipe for a quick ladoo/sweets which is high in energy and healthy.
- 1.5 Cup White Sesame Seeds (Til)
- 1.5 Cup Jaggery (Gud / Gur) – Please make sure the jaggery(Gud) is clean or free from any dirt/other impurities.
- 1 Cup Mixed Dry Fruit (Crushed) – I’m using Almonds and Cashews
- you may use any choice of dry fruits.
- ½ Tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Salt-free Butter
- 2 Tsp Oil – For greasing hands to make ladoo/sweets
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a nonstick wok, roast sesame seeds (Til) on a medium flame till they are slightly toasted/golden in color (2mins) and Keep aside in a bowl (While roasting them, please keep stirring continuously as they tend to burn quickly).
Now lightly roast the dry fruits* for 2-3mins to give them a crunchier taste and toasted flavor and keep aside in the same bowl as roasted sesame seeds. (*Incase using raisins or any dry berry – please don’t roast them, simply mix them into the bowl).
In the same wok over medium flame, now add ½ water, jaggery and stir to make a smooth paste (takes about 3-4mins).
While the jaggery is still cooking, add butter/ghee and let it bubble for 1more min.
Now add cardamom powder, roasted sesame seeds, dry fruit and give it a thorough mix.
Stir everything together for 2min over low flame and then turn off the heat.
Rub oil in both hands and while the mixture is still warm to touch, make ladoo/laddu. (I made 20 medium size ladoo)
Transfer to Serving dish and serve fresh.
These can be stored in a cool dry place or in fridge for upto a month.