Light Peach Cake
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can of peaches (in syrup)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat your oven to 395F.
Beat the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
Add the cornstarch, yogurt and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Slowly fold into the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
Pour half of the batter into a buttered cake pan. Strain the peaches, cut each one into thin slices, and place on top of the batter.
Bake for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!