Homemade Basil Oil
By Chef Damien
- 4 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 full basil flowers
- 12 beautiful basil leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
First: Place washed basil flowers in a clean bottle with oil. Close the bottle and keep in a dark place for 15 days.
Second: Add the basil leaves to the bottle. Close and soak another week.
Third: Filter oil into another bottle. It's ready!
You'll also love
- Pasta Salad with Olives and... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!