"skinny" italian meatball parmigiana
Who says Italian sunday dinner can't be healthy here is my version of "skinny" authentic italian meatballs parmigiana... enjoy
- For the meatballs
- 1.5lbs ground turkey (80/20)
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup warm water
- For the Parmigiana
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form into 2″ meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes OR fry in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Frying produces a golden brown color
For the Parmigiana
Place the cooked meatballs in an oven safe dish. Spoon approximately 1 Tbl sauce over each meatball. Cover with approximately 1/4 oz of mozzarella cheese each. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes (40 minutes if meatballs are frozen) or until heated through and the cheese is golden. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. enjoy
You'll also love
- Italian Salad 3.7/5 (37 Votes)
- Popeye Loves Berries 3.3/5 (129 Votes)
- Fish w/ Salsa 4 pts 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Amy's Hearty Tortellini 3.8/5 (52 Votes)
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pike fillet with apples and walnuts 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Mushrooms for Easter 4/5 (16 Votes)
- saucey balls 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.