Amy's Hearty Tortellini
Rich tomato sauce with rainbow cheese tortellini.
- 1 large package Rainbow Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce your choice of brand
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Peppers assorted colors with at least one green one
- 1 medium Can diced Tomatoes or 2 fresh diced Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- Garlic to taste
- 2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Spaghetti seasoning of choice
- Sliced Zucchini
- diced Celery
- Mixed frozen Veggies
- Sliced Mushrooms to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Put pot on to boil for pasta and cook according to directions on package. Should finish cooking about the time the sauce is done.
Brown beef in large frying pan with high sides. Add chopped onion after beef is browned and cook. Add pepper and Garlic ( I use powdered garlic).
Chop peppers while beef and onions are cooking and add to pan, along with the diced tomatoes and any other veggies you are using.
Add the seasoned spaghetti sauce and spices. Cook for 5 minutes more, covered. You should be draining the pasta by now.
When sauce is hot and done add pasta and serve.
I have this down to 20 minutes total time from start to finish.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.