Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach & Ham
- 1 pkg refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups/2 L)
- 1 8-oz piece cooked ham steak
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (do not substitute margarine)
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cook tortellini according to package directions
As tortellini cook, place spinach into large Colander. Dice ham with . Finely dice bell pepper. Drain tortellini over spinach in Colander
Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until butter is a deep brown color, occasionally swirling Skillet. Immediately add bell pepper. Reduce heat to low; add ham, tortellini and spinach. Gently toss to coat
spoon tortellini mixture onto serving plates. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired
You'll also love
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rice 2.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Grandmommy's Chicken Dumplings 3/5 (22 Votes)
- minestrone soup 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Knorr Garlic Spinach Dip 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Green Apple 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!