Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach & Ham
- 1 pkg refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups/2 L)
- 1 8-oz piece cooked ham steak
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (do not substitute margarine)
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cook tortellini according to package directions
As tortellini cook, place spinach into large Colander. Dice ham with . Finely dice bell pepper. Drain tortellini over spinach in Colander
Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until butter is a deep brown color, occasionally swirling Skillet. Immediately add bell pepper. Reduce heat to low; add ham, tortellini and spinach. Gently toss to coat
spoon tortellini mixture onto serving plates. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!