Bruschetta and Goat Cheese Crostini
The perfect appetizer to enjoy with an Italian dinner. Crostini is Italian for "little toast" (i.e., toasted baguette or ciabatta). Using fresh cherry tomatoes from your farmers' market in a variety of colors makes a feast for your eyes.
- A variety of cherry tomatoes (e.g., red and yellow), quartered
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- crostini or toasted sliced baguette
- 1 small (3 or 4 ounce) package of chèvre (goat cheese), plain or herbed
In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and basil to create the bruschetta. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange crostini on cookie sheet with a little room in between. Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each piece of little toast.
Spoon the chilled bruschetta on top of the goat cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes (just until thoroughly warmed). Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Salmon Chowder 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Savories- Lamb Kabobs 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cilantro Garlic Fries 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Sweet Cherry Tomato Salsa 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Creamy Lentils, Potatoes, Goat... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.