- 3T olive oil
- 3T room temperature lard
- 6T water
- 2T anissette liqueur (optional)
- 1T anise seed
- 1c all purpose flour
- 1T sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1T minced lemon zest
- 1/3c sugar
- 1c (8oz) Quark or cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- juice of one lemon
- 6 fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 2T confectioners sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 400°.
Combine oil, lard, liqueur, anise seeds, flour, sugar,and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined into a rough dough.
Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work area and knead about 10 minutes or until it no longer sticks.
Clean work area and dust again. Roll dough into a 13in diameter round. Carefully transfer onto a 10 inch spring form pan with 2 inch sides. Trim excess even with rim.
Combine mint, zest, and sugar in a blender or processor until fine particles form.
Add cheese, eggs, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Pour into crust.
Bake for 30 minutes or until set. let cool in pan. Remove pan sides and slide onto a flat plate and dust with confectioners sugar. Serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Nacho Dip 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Fruit Cup Tarts 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Special Lemon Meraigne Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Taco Dip 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Banana Cream Pie 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Zucchini and blue cheese tart 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chickpeas 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Cocktail 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.