Mexican Tortilla Lasagna
Fun to make and the taste is scrumptious!
- 1 lb. chopped chicken
- 2 T. olive oil
- 6 tortilla shells
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 or 2 chopped tomatillos
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 t. dried cilantro
- 12 oz. grated Monterrey Jack cheese.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Cook chopped chicken in the olive oil. Add the chopped tomatillos, jalapeno, onion tomato sauce and cilantro and simmer.
While sauce is simmering, Cut tortillas into strips and deep fry.
Put a layer of the fried tortilla strips into a 9 X 12 casserole dish. Add some sauce, some cheese, then alternate until ingredients are gone, topping with the cheese. Bake 40 minutes. Serve with tomato and avocado slices, sprinkling with lime juice.
You'll also love
- Snail Soup 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE (MEXICAN... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Leftover-Turkey Pizza 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Pizza 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (427 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.