Tacos in casserole form. Yum!
- 2 cans crescent rolls or roll out dough
- 1 jar Ragu cheese sauce
- 1 pound mince beef/chicken
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 C. water
- 1 head iceburg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- jalapeno slices
- sour cream
- 1 bag shredded cheese, your choice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Brown meat in skillet on stove top. Cook thoroughly. Drain off excess grease and rinse if you like. Add 1/3 C water and seasoning packet. Let simmer.
While simmering, roll one can of crescent rolls or dough sheet onto bottom of baking dish. Turn off burner and pour taco meat over bottom layer of dough. Spread evenly.
Pour jar of cheese over meat layer, spread evenly. Lay second can of dough over top of cheese.
Bake 30 minutes or until dough on top is golden brown.
Serve immediately and top with your choice of toppings.
Serve with tortilla crisps and Spanish or taco rice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.