EASY WHITE BREAD LOAF OR ROLLS
- 3 1/2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON BUTTER
- 1 EGG
- 1 TSP SALT
- 2 1/4 TSP DRY YEAST
- 1 1/4 CUPS WARM MILK
- 1 BREAD OR ROLL PAN
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
MIX FLOUR AND BUTTER IN BOWL, UNTIL COMPLETELY MIXED, ADD BEATEN EGG, SALY AND YEAST, STIR IN ENOUGH MILK TO MAKE A DOUGH
PUT IN WELL OILED BOWL COVER AND LET RISE UNTIL DOUBLE IN SIZE ABOUT 1 1/2 HOURS.
USE FLOURED BOARD, KNEAD AND THAN MAKE INTO LOAF OR ROLLS. LET RISE AGAIN UNTIL DOUBLE. COOK LOAF AT 350 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR UNTIL TOP IS BROWNED. IF ROLLS COOK FOR 30-35 MIN UNTIL BROWNED.
LET LOAF COOL BEFORE CUTTING FOR 3 HOURS FOR LOAF SO WILL BE FIRM
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!