Zucchini Caviar and Parmesan Cream
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 sprig of rosemary
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- scant 1/2 cup liquid cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
-Blanch sliced zucchini for 2 minutes, or steam in boiling salted water. Remove and add to cold water bath to cool.
- Drain, crush with a fork, then stir in salt and pepper, cumin, rosemary, crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Return to low heat for 2-3 minutes in a pan to finish cooking and allow the flavors to blend.
- Stir well to obtain a homogeneous mixture, remove the rosemary and let cool.
- Cut the Parmesan cheese into small cubes and place in a small saucepan with cream. Heat gently, stirring constantly to dissolve the cheese and reduce the cream without clumping. Do not boil.
Assemble: Fill the glasses 2/3 full with caviar. At serving time, pour cooled parmesan cream over the caviar. Finish with a shaving of Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!