Our favorite vegetarian chinese food recipes - 7 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Top rated Vegetarian chinese food recipes
How to Make Tangzhong & Chinese Soft Bread Recipe
This recipe makes enough tangzhong for two loaves of bread
- TANGZHONG RECIPE (enough to make two loafs):
- 50gm/ 1/3 cup bread flour
- 250ml/ 1cup water (could be replaced by milk, or 50/50 water and milk)
- BREAD RECIPE:
- 350gm/ 2½ cups bread flour
- 55gm/3tbsp+2tsp caster sugar
- 5gm/1tsp salt
- 56gm egg (equals to 1 large egg)
- 7gm/1tbsp+1tsp milk powder (to increase fragrance, optional)
- 125ml/ ½cup milk
- 120gm tangzhong (use half of the tangzhong you make from above)
- 5 to 6gm/2 tsp instant yeast
- 30gm/3tbsp butter (cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature)
10 Steps to Easy Homemade Spring Rolls
Learn how to make colorful, homemade spring rolls the EASY PEASY way! Discover our STEP-by-STEP recipe here.
In a wok sauté onions in oil, beat eggs and then add the onions that have browned
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- 8 oz basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped onions
- 3 or 4 eggs
- oil (preferably sesame)
- soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
7 pasta mistakes you should never make
By Elena Salvadore
Your pasta will be so much more APPETIZING if you DO NOT do these!
Chinese EggPlant Curry
Fried EggPlant Dumped in sweet sour sour
- For the dumplings:
- 1. 2 big egg plants sliced round or semi circle(if very big). The slices should be of medium thickness.
- 2. 2 tbsp cornn flour.
- 3. i tbsp rice flour(optional)
- 3.1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4.salt to taste
- 5.1 tsp tomato sauce
- 6.1/2 tsp vinegar
- 7.water as required
- 8.oil for frying
- For the sauce:
- 1. 1 tbsp ginger garlic chilly paste
- 2. 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 3. 1 tsp white/red vinegar
- 4. 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 5.1 tbsp oil
- 6.water as required
- 7. 1/2 tbsp corn flour
Chinese Corn Soup
Add corn to boiling stock
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in water
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- sesame oil
Crispy Mini Chicken and Shrimp Spring Rolls
By Pascale Weeks
Skip the takeout diet, and make your favorite chicken and shrimp egg rolls in your kitchen.
Chinese sweet buns
Combine milk with yeast let stand for 10 min
- All purpose flour 4 cups
- Vegetable oil 6 tbs
- Eggs 2
- Yeast 1 packet
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Milk 1 cup
Chinese Almond Cookies
these taste like the ones in the Chinese restaurants
- 1 c butter
- 1 c sugar
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- .25 c milk
- 2 tsp almond extract
Chinese rice salad
Step 1………Cook rice, let it cool Step 2……In a small bowl prepare your spice, salt, celery salt, white sug...
- 1 ½ cup of white rice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of accents salt
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- ½ cup of oil
- 3 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 ½ cup of celery
- ¼ cup of mix pepper or only green your choice
- ½ cup of slice little green onion
- 1 small bag (10 oz) of frozen peas
- 2 cups of Chinese Style Chow Mein Noodles